Monday, July 12, 2010

ONLY HERE! SURPRISE VISIT TO BROCKTON OF PRIME MINISTER OF CAPE VERDE

     I was fortunate enough to be at city hall in Brockton around 2pm protesting Officer Ulhman's being prohibited from posting on inbrockton.com. This forum is a public forum and he used his name and gave the community information that we could easily access ourselves but he also got involved with the community, this is another story that I am working on.

    I was outside City Hall holding up my sign when I saw a man in a suit with an earpiece. He was asking questions and he was clearing the front street of City Hall on the School Street side. I asked him who he was and he said "police." I then asked him if he was from Brockton and he said "No." I started to get real curious because of the earpiece and asked him is he state police and once again he said"No." I still couldn't help myself and I asked him again and he said"SS." I figured it out and he was Secret Service. I asked him why he was here and he didn't answer being the professional he was and I finally saw another man in a suit and I finally realized it was probably the Prime Minister of Cape Verde and I asked him "when is the Prime Minister expected." and he said "soon."

I was excited but also a little apprehensive because of what was said by the Prime Minister over the weekend. My interpretation and many other's is that he is blaming America and our Society of sending back Cape Verdean's who commit crime back to his country and his countries crime rate is high. I was able to film him coming out of the City Hall and unfortunately I didn't have the nerve to asked him any questions. I feel I have failed as a wanna be journalist and I was right there and I could of spoke my but I didn't. I am still learning but at least I have the only Video of the Prime Minister's visit to Brockton. Chalk one up for the BrocktonBeat.